THE NCIA AWARDED PARADIGM SUPERCRITICAL INNOVATIONS THE CANNATECH AWARD FOR THEIR PSICO2 EXTRACTION SYSTEMS WHICH, “REVOLUTIONIZE ESSENTIAL OIL EXTRACTION, ELIMINATE DOWNTIME, AND INCREASE PRODUCTION WITH UNSURPASSED PURITY”, SAID AARON SMITH, NCIA’S EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR. OREGON’S MATTHIAS CRANDALL CEO OF PARADIGM SUPERCRITICAL INNOVATIONS AND DESIGNER OF THE PSICO2 EXTRACTION SYSTEMS ACCEPTED THE TECHNOLOGY AWARD FOR ‘HONORING TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT IN INFUSED PRODUCTS & EXTRACTIONS’ AT THE PRESENTATION CEREMONY DURING THE SEED TO SALE SHOW IN DENVER FEBRUARY 1ST, 2017. LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW
Paradigm Supercritical Innovations has been designing the PSICO2 extraction systems since 2011. We were granted the patents for the design in 2017 and received the National Cannabis Industry Association’s “Extraction Technology of the Year” award.
Our mission is simple, and we went back to the drawing board to develop a CO2 system that was practical for the hemp and cannabis industry. To meet this goal our design had to be competitive with other extraction methods, in price, efficiency, and quality of extract produced. We achieved each point of these goals with the PSICO2 extraction system.
The PSICO2 extraction systems:
- Produce the full spectrum of extract products including wax, crumble, shatter, pull ‘n’ snap, distillate diamonds, and more.
- Average a 70-80% THCa or CBDa concentration directly out of the collection.
- Extracts fewer waxes requiring only a 24-hour winterization process(a 72-hour winterization process is typical with other systems).
- Come with dual chambers that are alternated for a continuous operation.
- Have a large collection chamber that allows for the collection of up to five chambers, only one shut-down is needed.
- Are scaled proportionally, regardless of its size the extraction takes approximately 90 minutes per chamber.
- Offer affordable design options with each system, save up to 35% by selecting a modular design that is assembled on-site.
Each model can be upgraded with add-ons:
- Terpene trap captures terpenes while extracting cannabinoids, additional process is not required
- Additional Collection chamber ideal for continuous around the clock processing
- Automated processing, start-up and shut down, valve control, data acquisition, and remote monitoring.
Larger capacity systems are available as a modular setup or Pilot plant design, depending on the scale. As mentioned, the modular setups are 65% of the list prices (Does not apply to upgraded costs). Modular setups can be customized with the following options:
- extra chambers or single chamber
- Larger capacity extraction chambers
- Optional transfer line material
Inventor Matthias Crandall knew there had to be a better way to meet the demand for potent, pure and flavorful medicinal marijuana products. And he found it with his newly patented technology that literally shaves days off of the processing time.
Celeste Salazar, Executive Sales Officer: Celeste is a founder of the business. She assisted with the R+D and field research that led to the innovations of the PSICO2 extraction systems. With five years experience in extraction sales and customer service, she is an invaluable asset to manage extraction start-up projects.
“Customer Service is about knowing who I am working for, and that is the customer.” (Celeste Salazar 2016)
Her passions are to family and her PSICO2 network. She also enjoys rock hunting and Jiu Jitsu.
Jaymie Kocer, Lead Sales Associate: Jaymie has over 15 years of sales and marketing experience and started in the Cannabis and Hemp industry in 2010. A passionate team member, focusing on customer service and the healing power of cannabis for the community. Her personal interests include extraction technology, horticulture, mushroom hunting, hiking, and painting. She received a full-ride scholarship, and Graduated, from California State University, Sacramento with a double major in Finance and Risk Management. She also has a twin sister in New Mexico and loves dogs and the great outdoors..